How to organize office work?
How to organize office work?
Proper organization is an important factor influencing the quality and effects of office work. In a modern place, not only desks and shelves must be found. Check what will come in handy when arranging your own office to support the implementation of planned tasks.
Nowadays, no one can imagine an office without modern computer equipment with legal software and fast Internet access. Apart from desktops and laptops, an office is usually associated with a place where on the shelves piles of documents in folders and binders, and a telephone or a printer on the desks. What other devices and accessories will work in the office?
Depending on the industry and the specifics of the work, tasks may be facilitated by: xerograph, scanner, fax, shredder, laminator, network printer, stamps, e.g. date stamp, organizer, binders, folders and boxes for company documentation.
Key principles of office work organization
In order to properly organize your working day in the office, you must first of all think about the specifics of your business. Efficient organization will make it easier for employees to perform their tasks and save a lot of time. Practical advice below.
- Use accessories for scheduling tasks such as a calendar, organizer, etc. It is important to save tasks and organize them by priority. When each employee knows what to do and when to do it, there is no chaos and the most important tasks are done first. This allows you to make the most of your working time. It also allows you to focus more on your projects. Interestingly, according to specialists, 1% of the daily time spent on planning can save an hour during the day! It is worth planning both tasks for the next day as well as weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Planners and calendars are perfect for planning, as well as calendar prints on the desk, on which you can write out each week. An additional, valuable support will be properly selected applications on the phone.
- Whenever possible, work according to your body rhythm. According to scientists, the human mind is most effective right after waking up and between 10 and 11 am. So try to match the tasks to the time of day. Don’t leave the most important ones at the end of the day, when your mind is already slowing down. It is also worth knowing that the human mind is activated after 2 p.m.
- Keep your desk tidy. This is important because it affects the level of concentration. Especially when clients come to the office, order on the desk is your calling card. It is worth keeping only the items you really need on your desk top: those that you use all the time are within reach, and those that you use less often. The most distant ones are those you use occasionally, so you need to get up from your desk to reach for them. These will be items that you reach for only occasionally, such as shelves with archival documentation or binders.
- Take care of good lighting. It also increases efficiency and makes eyesight less tired. Ideally, there should be as much daylight as possible in the office. Working in artificial light can make the worker tire faster. It is also worth installing blinds in the windows to regulate the access of sunlight to the office on hot days.
- Provide a suitable temperature in the rooms. The temperature in the office affects the health and well-being of employees, which in turn translates into the effects of work. It is therefore necessary to ensure adequate heating of rooms in winter and air conditioning in summer. According to the accepted standards, the temperature in the office should be between 20-24°C in winter and 20-26°C in summer.
Breaks at work to support the effectiveness of employees
Working non-stop for 8 hours is not good at all. Skillful time management also means break planning. People who don’t do them are more likely to be less creative and their work efficiency drops. Breaks support employee productivity, enable regeneration and improve relations between employees. Therefore, each office should have a separate room or a corner where employees can eat, drink and rest for a while.
Full control thanks to modern software
In an innovative office, communication between employees often takes place via a special platform, a remote disk and project management software are used. Applications available on the market allow you to organize tasks, note down important information, record working time, work together on projects with an indication of the completion date, and accept or view it by the client. The applications can be used to monitor the status of task implementation, work progress, and report completed tasks.
An efficient office is a well-organized office.
Modern, fast-acting equipment, the use of a planner, order in the workplace and small accessories have a real impact on the quality and speed of work. Both the equipment (desk, shelves, office equipment) as well as small items facilitating work such as stamps, binders, notebooks are important. Thanks to their use, you can achieve better results at work, which allows you to build a good external image of the company and multiply profits.
If you would like to order stamps for your company, use a modern online tool: the stamp creator. Thanks to it, you can design and order your own stamp without leaving the office and more efficiently book important documents in your company.